At THE GB FOODS, S.A. we attach a great deal of importance to the rules and regulations in force on privacy and personal data protection. To this regard, the protection of the security, integrity and confidentiality of our users’ personal data is very important to us and, therefore, we wish to act responsibly in all matters related to this requirement.
You are hereby informed that the terms “our” and "GBfoods" refer to THE GB FOODS, S.A. and/or any of the companies in the Group and that we use them in the most suitable way on a case-by-case basis. “User” and “users” refer to any person who accesses and/or uses this Website.
This includes information collected offline, from direct marketing campaigns, conferences and online events run from our websites, in addition to apps and third-party branded websites.
Should you have any enquiries or questions about the processing and protection of your personal data, you can contact us via email at: email@example.com.
2. Who is the Data Controller?
The Controller of your personal data is THE GB FOODS, S.A.. Our contact details are given below.
Company name: THE GB FOODS, S.A.
Postal address: Plaça Europa 42, 08902 L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
As a general rule, no personal details need to be provided to visit our website. However, we collect personal details whenever:
- You provide them to us in contact forms that are posted on our Website or if you wish to take part in competitions or other activities, at which time we shall ask you for the personal details required to be able to handle each specific activity. In such cases, identification details shall generally be requested such as your name, address, username, profile photo, email address, contact telephone number and, in the case of a legal entity, its corporate name and type of business.
All personal information provided on the Website’s forms must be true, authentic and up to date, whereby the user is solely liable for any false or inaccurate information provided and for any damages THE GB FOODS may incur as a result. The fields marked with an asterisk are required fields, so if not filled in THE GB FOODS may deny a request that has been made.
- Job applications. In this case, we shall collect details related to personal characteristics such as age, academic background and work experience in order to properly process applications.
- We also collect information that your Internet browser automatically sends us whenever you visit our website, in order to analyse your browsing behaviour and enhance your browsing experience, which includes, but is not limited to, your IP address, consumer habits and information about your preferences, such as your hobbies and interests. We may likewise collect information taken from other sources such as social media.
4. Why do we process your data?
You are hereby informed that we shall process your personal data for the following purposes:
- i) To find out your browsing preferences on our Website so that we are able to customise it and enhance our products and your experience. In order to attain this goal, we draw up a profile of your browsing habits on our Website. The profile generated shall not be subject to automated decisions.
- ii) To handle and process the reply to your information request submitted from the contact form on our Website.
- iii) To deal with your job application sent using the form on our Website’s Job Notice Board and to handle the company’s current and future selection processes, as well as those of the rest of the companies in the GBfoods Group.
- iv) To arrange your subscription for you to be sent marketing messages via email, such as THE GB FOODS’ newsletter.
- v) To keep you informed by sending you emails that contain information, sales pitches and advertisements related to the products and services that THE GB FOODS sells in the market, provided you have given us your consent to do so.
- vi) To deal with emails sent to our corporate email addresses in order to manage our business relationships with entities, organisations and companies, as well as with the people who work for them or are in partnership with them, and with their legal representatives.
THE GB FOODS shall not use your data for any purposes other than those specifically provided for herein, unless it has obtained your consent to do so beforehand.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
THE GB FOODS hereby informs you that it shall keep your personal data on record for the time stated in the following table, based on the purposes for which they are processed in each case. It should also be borne in mind that they are kept in order to reply to your enquiries and resolve problems, deliver new, enhanced services and to comply with the legal requirements of the laws in force. In any event, the legal prescriptive periods in force are abided by at all times.
(i) To find out your browsing preferences on our Website so that we are able to customise it and enhance our products and your experience.
That stated in our Cookies Policy, up to a maximum of 2 years.
(ii) To handle and process the reply to your information request submitted from the contact form on our Website.
Until such a time that we have resolved your enquiry, as well as the time required to fulfil all related legal obligations.
(iii) To deal with your job application sent submitted using the form on the Job Notice Board.
During the selection process that you have signed up for and/or, should you have given your consent, to be added to our Job Notice Board for a reasonable period since the last time you were in touch with us.
(iv) To arrange your subscription for THE GB FOODS’ newsletter.
Until you cancel your subscription to our newsletter.
(v) To keep you informed by sending you emails that contain information, sales pitches and advertisements related to THE GB FOODS’ products and services.
Until you withdraw your consent.
(vi) To deal with emails sent to our corporate email addresses in order to manage our business relationships with entities, organisations and companies.
For a reasonable period since the last time you were in touch with us.
Subsequently, THE GB FOODS shall lock your personal data in order to prevent them from being processed, unless we are required to make them available to Public Administrations, Courts, and Arbitration and Mediation Bodies in order to fulfil any legal obligations that may arise.
6. What is the legitimate basis for us processing your data?
We process your personal data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- Consent given by a data subject. For some processes, we shall ask for your express, informed consent given of your own free will before processing your personal data in order to ensure that you keep control over them. This is the legitimate basis of the purposes outlined in points (i), (ii) (iii), (iv) and (v) of section 5 above.
- Handling contractual relationships. This is the legitimate basis of the purpose outlined in point (i) of section 5 above.
We shall likewise process your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject.
7. How do we handle the personal data of minors?
This Website is not intended for minors under 14 and, therefore, they must refrain from providing any details of a personal nature. Should THE GB FOODS realise that it has accidentally collected the personal data of minors under 14, it shall delete them as soon as possible.
However, THE GB FOODS may collect the personal data of minors under 14 provided that they have been directly submitted by their parents or legal guardians, that is, with their full consent.
8. To whom do we disclose your data?
Personal data shall not be assigned, sold, leased or made available under any circumstances to third parties, unless (i) THE GB FOODS has obtained the due consent of users beforehand; (ii) they must be disclosed to official public bodies due to a legal obligation; or (iii) this may be required for data processor companies to process your personal data. Furthermore, we may disclose your personal details to other companies in the GBfoods Group located in the European Economic Area, on the basis of our business group’s legitimate interests for internal administrative purposes.
We take every reasonable precaution to safeguard your personal data and we require third parties that handle or process them to do the same.
9. What rights protect you in relation to the processing of your data?
You are entitled to obtain information about the processing of your personal data by THE GB FOODS. Specifically:
- You are entitled to access your personal data in order to find out which of your personal data we are processing, as well as to seek the rectification of inaccurate data or, where applicable, to request their erasure when, among other reasons, the data are no longer needed for the purposes for which they were collected.
- In certain circumstances, you may request that the processing of your data be restricted, in which case we shall only keep them on record to exercise or defend ourselves against claims.
- Under certain circumstances for reasons related to your personal situation, you may object to the processing of your data. THE GB FOODS shall stop processing your data, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for doing so or to exercise or defend itself against potential claims.
- You shall also be entitled to data portability in addition to not being subject to a decision based solely on the automated processing of your personal data.
You may exercise the aforementioned rights by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Data Protection”, in which you must state the right you wish to exercise and attach a copy of an identity document that proves your identity.
We shall respond to your requests in the briefest possible delay and, in any event, within one (1) month from the time your request was received. In certain circumstances, this period may be extended by a further two (2) months, in which case we shall inform you in a timely fashion within one (1) month from the time your request was received.
Should you believe that the processing of your personal data breaches the data protection regulation or that we have not enabled you to exercise your rights, you may file a claim with the Spanish Data Protection Agency or the competent supervisory authority in your place of residence.
10. Are you entitled to withdraw your consent?
Yes. You are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent given prior to its withdrawal.
To this regard, we shall inform you of any particularly relevant modifications and ask for your consent for any processing of your personal data subject to legal changes.
12. Does THE GB FOODS have any other information about privacy?
Should you take part in them, we recommend that you read the terms and conditions beforehand as you shall have to abide by them. If applicable, we shall make any additional terms and conditions available to you.
Last update: October 2021