GBfoods privacy principles
GBfoods takes data privacy very seriously. The following principles underpin our approach to respecting your privacy rights:
- We value the trust that you place in us by giving your personal information. We will always use your personal information in a fair use.
- We will provide clear information about how we use your personal information. We will always be transparent with you about what information we collect, how we use it, with whom we share it and who you should contact if you have any concerns.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure.
- We will comply with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and we will co-operate with data protection authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles for data protection.
This privacy statement is structured in the following chapters:
- Scope and applicability.
- Your consent.
- Use of the data collected by Gbfoods.
- Children's personal data.
- Sharing of personal data by GBfoods.
- Your privacy rights and who to contact with.
- Changes in our privacy statement.
- Other GBfoods privacy information.
1. Scope and applicability
This privacy statement applies to personal information collected by the GBfoods Group and its subsidiary companies in connection with the services they offer. This includes information collected offline, direct marketing campaigns, congresses or events and online through our websites, applications and branded pages on third party platforms.
This privacy statement also applies to targeted GBfoods content, including offers and advertisements for GBfoods products/services and its subsidiaries, which we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may send to you on third party websites, platforms and applications ("third party sites") based on your site usage information (as defined below). These Third Party Sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those Third Party Sites.
This privacy statement is hereby incorporated and forms part of the terms and conditions of the applicable GBfoods site. You may have any doubt or question regarding the responsibility for protecting your personal information, you can contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Your consent
By using a GBfoods site, you are consenting to the GBfoods company collecting, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement. If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this way, please do not use the GBfoods sites or otherwise provide the relevant GBfoods company with your personal information.
GBfoods will only collect, use or disclose your personal information where it is fair and lawful to do so. To do so, we will ask for your consent explicitly. Additionally, we may ask you to provide additional consent if we need to use your personal information for purposes not covered by this privacy statement. You are not obliged to provide such consent but if you decide not to, then your participation in certain activities may be restricted. If you provide additional consent, the terms of that consent shall prevail in the event of any conflict with the terms of this privacy statement.
Please note, however, that we may process your personal information without consent if we have a legitimate reason to do so, provided that such use will not have a prejudicial effect on your own rights, freedoms and interests. Any such use shall be in accordance with the GBfoods privacy principles set out above.
The majority of GBfoods sites are designed and intended for use by adults. Where a GBfoods site is intended for use by a younger audience, we will obtain consent from a parent or guardian before we collect personal information where we feel it is appropriate to do so or where it is required by applicable laws and regulations (the age at which consent is necessary varies from country to country). If you are a child over the age where parental consent is required in your country, you should review the terms of this privacy statement with your parent or guardian to make sure you understand and accept them.
If we discover that we have collected information from a child without consent from a parent or guardian where such consent should have been obtained, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
Access to certain parts of the GBfoods sites and/or eligibility to receive prizes, samples or other rewards may be limited to users over a certain age. We may use your personal information to carry out age verification checks and enforce any such age restrictions.
3. Use of the data collected by GBfoods
In this privacy statement, your "personal information" means information or pieces of information that could allow you to be identified. This typically includes information such as your name, address, screen name, profile picture, email address, and telephone number, but can also include other information such as IP address, shopping habits, information about your lifestyle or preferences such as your hobbies and interests. We may collect personal information about you from different sources, including:
- Information you give us directly
- Information collected automatically when you use the GBfoods sites
- Information we collect from other sources (i.e. social media)
We may use your personal information to:
- Improve our products and your experience on the GBfoods sites.
- To contact you regarding products which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
GBfoods will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the stated purpose, taking into account also our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, and comply with legal requirements under applicable laws.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
4. Children's personal data
If GBfoods discovers that it has accidentally collected personal data from a child below 13, it will remove that child's personal data from its records as soon as reasonably possible. However, GBfoods may collect personal data about children below the age of 13 years of age from the parent or custodian directly and therefore with their explicit consent.
5. Sharing of personal information by GBfoods
As a global business, GBfoods may share your personal information with GBfoods Group companies and trusted third parties based outside the country in which you live so that they may process that data on our behalf.
We may also share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the GBfoods Group if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal reasons. By using a GBfoods Site or otherwise providing GBfoods with personal information, you agree to us doing so in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement and applicable data protection laws and regulations.
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
6. Your privacy rights and who to contact
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about how we handle your personal information, then you may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Your request will be directed to the appropriate GBfoods Group company.
You have the right to tell us if you:
- don't want to be contacted in the future by us
- would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
7. Changes in our privacy statement
We may change this Privacy statement from time to time by posting the updated version of the Privacy Statement on the GBfoods Sites. We will give you reasonable statement of any material change. We encourage you to visit frequently to stay informed about how we use your personal information.
8. Other GBfoods privacy information
In addition to this privacy statement, there may be specific campaigns or promotions which will be governed by additional privacy terms or policies. We encourage you to read these additional terms or policies before participating in any such campaigns or promotions as you will be required to comply with them if you participate. Any additional privacy terms or policies will be made prominently available to you.